Train Depot in Mineral Bluff Georgia

Built in 1887, this long abandoned building had partially collapsed. In the 1960’s it was used as a stone warehouse. The old brickwork was badly damaged and a large hole had been cut through the end wall. A Federal TEA grant to the county through the Georgia state road department (DOT), along with substantial pro bono donations, closely restored the building to its former state. On the National Register of Historic Places, it now houses the Tri-state Model Railroaders.

Milan Vancura 754 JUNIPER STREET # 8  ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30308  Tel. 404.874.5022, NORTH GEORGIA  Tel. 706.632.6253